Convenience is king in handwashing compliance. Effective reliable equipment and supplies are major components as is the overall cleanliness of the hand hygiene station itself. These matched measures motivate frequent use and lower the risk of outbreaks.
Easier & faster makes handwashing happen!
Caring, convenience and reliability drive handwashing compliance. Hand sinks are the core of most hand hygiene stations but it's the matching of complementary components that define a best practice choice. Frequent use is the goal of the savvy design consultant, not a minimum to pass the Plan Review.
Electronic faucets and touch-free dispensers cut cross-contamination as they save time and money. Quality and reliability are the silent motivators for prep line workers and servers to maintain good hand hygiene habits. Management's "we care" attitude is reinforced with every use.
Complete hand hygiene stations with matched components are increasingly the choice by kitchen designers and foodservice operators looking to enhance hand hygiene and reduce operator risk. The faster the pace in the kitchen, the greater the need for improved functionality.
Handsink location will either enhance or all but eliminate handwashing compliance. It's an important decision best made by a team that includes the Chef, Operations, Risk Management and Quality Assurance. Check out this casual dining restaurant for reference.
Pictured here is an integrated handsink package available from Eagle Group. Details are attached. While the sink itself has a coating with important bacteriostatic properties, it's the enduring sparkle that invites frequent use.
Electronic Dispensing Innovations
A battery-saving Self-Sustaining Power System, SSPS, installed in the water line generates the power to operate this HyTronic® electronic faucet, creating a new standard in reliability. Nearly a gallon of heated water is saved with each 20 second handwash.
“Power-on-the-Refill" describes another innovation, eliminating traditional battery changes for both the hand soap and sanitizer
Hand Sink Selection Checklist:
- Seek a supplier with established foodservice credibility.
- Look for easy access to technical service.
- Uses 304 stainless steel, shaped for enhanced strength.
- Seamless construction is preferred for better hygiene and more effective cleaning/sanitizing.
- Select a deep draw, positive drain bowl to (a.) maximize water saving (b.) no-splash washing/rinsing of hands and (c.) faster drying of the bowl surface, eliminating a potential germ harbor. (d.) frequently eliminates need for splash guards.
- Consider anti-microbial surfaces or highly polished finishes.
- Tailor your selections to the needs of the location.
- Consider the many savings of equipment integration.
HFL5000 Best Practices Cost Savings
Eastern & Southern States:
Midwest & Western States:
|HFL5000 Water Savings for Midwest & Western States||2.44 MB|